Monday, November 14, 2011

LaPaz at Last!

As our intrepid Baja-bound First Mate, witty blogger, life-time friend and great humorist Steve Yoder, commented on my previous post, I failed to realize that I left many of you hanging by a thread and wondering what happened to "Chamisa"!

I am delighted to tell you the guys reached LaPaz on Saturday morning at 10 AM (MT) without any problems - a solid two hours ahead of their ETA. Keith took a slip next to Yoders (please treat yourself by reading www.yodersafloat.blogspot.com)

After the usual repairs/reprovisioning/spares task, he will anchor out to save money as that is free. I attribute my delay in posting this happy and long-awaited arrival news (four years past the original planned date!) to my new relaxed "state of mind" here in Florida. Mom and my Auntie Maxine indulge me with Happy Hours and Hillbilly Rummy several days a week so what can I say? My hope is to get clearance from the Ortho doc on 11/28 to join Keith.

In the meantime, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment: